I discovered the recipe on an Italian blog
Preparation time: over 120 minutes
We sift the two types of flour (I think it works with normal flour), add the melted butter but to be cold, the sugar and then the yeast that we dissolve in warm water. We turn on the robot / bread machine and knead, and when the ingredients are well mixed we add salt. We will get a fairly strong dough that we give the shape of a loaf of bread. In the original recipe he says to grease a little the ball obtained with oil and to leaven it in a clay pot covered with a damp towel. I left the dough in the bread machine to rise for two hours. Pour the dough on the work table, and knead it again for two minutes. We cut 12 pieces of dough, about 65 g each, then we form long cakes, the thickness of breadcrumbs, we turn the two ends of the dough, then we put the ends under the cord, giving it the shape of a roll and we place it in the tray lined with parchment paper. baked. The dough is worked quite hard, it takes time and patience to make the cords ... Let it rise again for an hour. We turn on the stove at 220 degrees, and in a fairly large pot, we put three liters of water, and when the water starts to boil we add a teaspoon of baking soda, not all at once, otherwise we risk scalding. Add a pretzel to the water and leave it for 30 seconds, after the first 15 seconds, turn it with the spatula on the other side, then take it out and place it on the baking paper. To make them shiny and beautiful, beat an egg yolk and grease them, then sprinkle thick salt on top (I didn't grease them anymore, because I forgot). Put the tray in the preheated oven at 220 degrees for 20 minutes .
We all know them. at least from the pictures. On the kitchen there is this: pretzels with sugar recipe, but my recipe is different. and I say more authentic.
The ingredients are as follows:
500 g flour (about 10 pretzels of 100 gr come out, you can make them even smaller)
20 g fresh yeast (or 1 teaspoon dry)
40 g melted butter
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
350 ml warm milk (can be replaced with water, but I do not recommend, those made with milk are much better)
Fresh yeast (dry yeast mixed with flour) rub with sugar until dissolved, then mix with warm milk and melted butter and pour over flour anesthetized with salt in the kneading bowl.
Knead well for 10 minutes, until the dough is elastic and non-sticky.
If necessary, add a few tablespoons of water or flour. Put in a bowl greased with a little oil, cover and watch in a warm place for about 3 hours.
After this time, it is turned over on the work table and divided into 100 g pieces from which long strips are formed, with a thicker middle and thin edges from which the pretzels are shaped.
The pretzels thus formed are left on the table, covered with a towel.
Meanwhile, put a pot of water on the fire. Don't be afraid of the next step, it's very simple and works very fast. When the water boils, add a tablespoon full of baking soda for every liter of water we have. We take the pretzels and let them go in the water with a foamer, one or two, so that they don't overheat.
Remove after 30 seconds with the foamer and place in the tray in which I put baking paper. Sprinkle with salt and grow at the bottom (where it is thicker) with a sharp knife.
Bake at 190-200 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until golden.
They are very, very good. crispy and golden on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, the ideal snack with a berica
. I adore them, I hope you do too, you will not regret it & # 33
The first recipe for pretzels that is still used today dates from 1607 and is presented in a book called & # 8220Health Thesaurus & # 8221, and the ingredients described in the recipe are: flour, eggs, butter, hot water.
Mix all the ingredients until they are homogeneous, and from the dough obtained, shape the pretzels that are put in hot water, then in cold water, then put in the oven.
Pretzels were put in hot water because it helped break down the starch in the flour and the pretzels were easier to digest.
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
PREPARATION Simit & # 8211 Turkish pretzels with sesame or poppy seeds
1. I put flour and salt in a bowl. Rub the fresh yeast with the sugar until it liquefies and mix with water. The dry one dissolves directly in water. The liquid together with the flour can be kneaded on the robot or by hand. The goal is to become a non-stick ball, without overdoing it.
2. Leave to rise for an hour, until it doubles in volume, covering the vessel with a towel and stored in a warm place, away from currents.
3. I browned the sesame over a moderate to high heat, always stirring because it can easily burn. As it started to smoke, I stopped the fire and let it bake from the heat of the pan, stirring often at first.
4. After leavening, take the dough out on the lightly floured top, knead it and then put it in 4. I formed some ovoids.
5. I measured the width of the worktop with a ruler and determined how much 60 cm means. I formed by rolling a 60 cm long cord between my palms. The harder it is to run it on the counter, the easier it is to stretch in your hands. Then I bent it to fit the ends and twisted as in the picture below. I formed the pretzel by sealing the ends well with my fingers.
6. In a plate I dissolved the honey in 3 tablespoons of water, not having the molasses that comes out better. I dipped the pretzel in syrup on both sides, then it is recommended to let it drain for 2-3 minutes so that it does not burn at the base. I put it well in sesame seeds and placed it in a baking tray lined with paper.
7. Leave to rise for 30 minutes and then bake in the preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. For old ovens with doors that do not close tightly, browning takes longer, I recommend reducing the fire to 180 degrees so that it does not burn at the base, lasting longer.
They are good warm, have a thick and crispy skin, being soft in the middle, but do not last more than 24 hours, then they harden with each passing day. They can be eaten plain or as I said above for breakfast, with jams or cheese, or with tea and other cheeses.
Liv (e) it!
Maybe you will also like the croissant homemade rolls & gt & gt & gt recipe, here!
Or these sweet buns with apple and raisins & gt & gt & gt recipe